Interested in modeling for Lime Crime? Stay tuned for the Model Search announcement later in the month!

I wanted to share with you one of the happiest days of my life, which happened just this Monday. It was a ‘work day’, but what made it so special is I got to do what I love, while hanging out with people I love. Kristin, Sam, Steve, Mark and myself drove down to a Brooklyn neighborhood Red Hook to shoot a nautical-inspired look for our new website.

Abandoned street car – how cool is that?!

Steve

A few words about Steve: when I first saw his work on the New York Couture site in 2006, I was blown away. I said to myself: one day I will work with this guy because he holds true talent. I have worked with Steve on a bunch of shoots now – we’ve done many different looks in many different locations, but one thing remains the same: we always have fun and images always come out amazing! Steve is, and always will be, one of my favorite photographers to shoot with. Did you know he shot the image you see on the Lime Crime display?

Kristin & I – did I mention we shot by the water?!

Kristin and I met at a photoshoot shoot and quickly became friends. There are so many ground-breaking ideas nesting underneath that neon hair! I feel very privileged to work with Kristin; she is a truly world-class hair stylist who also happens to be one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. She was recently flown out to style hair for Katy Perry’s California Gurls video – oh boy, wait till you see it!!

Sam Fox of Wilhelmina Models

Samantha. I spotted her in Steve’s portfolio and immediately knew we had to work together. Her ethereal presence encompasses both, the innocence and intensity I look for in a model. Plus she is the sweetest girl in the world, can’t beat that! Sam is a true muse and you will be seeing a lot of her on the upcoming website. She is the girl on our current banner. —>

Steve shooting Sam in an old boat

We wrapped up the day by treating everyone to deserts at Steve’s Authentic Keylime Pie: they have pies, a ‘swingle’ (frozen keylime pie on a stick, dipped in dark chocolate), and limonade. Hey, we’re called Lime Crime for a reason! ;)

Kristin enjoying her swingle

Mark shooting Steve shooting Mark. Haha.

All-star team!

The pictures turned out ah-mazing! Can’t wait to share them with you!

“Behind the scenes at a Lime Crime photoshoot”

• I wanna see the results XD

• What a neat insider’s look! I got totally distracted by the swingle-YUM!

• Ellie says:

Amazing people!!! Btw, where did you get that rose dress? So pretty!

• Ethelreda says:

I’m anxious to see the results *-*

• Amber says:

Kristin has AMAZING dreads. <3
    Also, that floral dress you're wearing is beautiful! Where is it from?

• Marie says:

Sam Fox is a very famous name in England. She was an iconic 80s glamour/topless model in the UK, but she was nothing like your Sam obviously! I notice that Mark working the videocam – does this mean we will be soon seeing a behind the scenes video?!?!

I know all about Samantha Fox! Sam does, too actually – we’re constantly joking about it. Her parents must have been fans!

Rhia Reply:

Cool – how did you know?? is she famous in the u.s as well?

• Jonel says:

SO awesome to see what goes in a shoot!! :D

By the way: I really love your outfit!! Cute floral print dress + edgy leather jacket = overall win. I feel really inspired right now ahah.

• Sasa says:

So nice! Everything!
    The location, the clothes, all the people!
    I can’t wait to see the whole photoshoot.

• Looks amazing – your team sounds incredible. I hope to surround myself with talented, amazing people like you have when the time comes!

• Meri says:

That is so cool. It’s really nice to know that you can do what you love for a living. Gives me hope!

• Jayne says:

I wish I could model for you! Your work is sooo amazing and I am a massive fan of Lime Crime and your blog!

xx Jayne

• Ally says:

I recognized that subway car! I was there in November visiting a friend who lives in Red Hook. Yay! I can’t wait to see the final photographs of Sam.

• Maggie says:

Love your friend’s dreds!

• steve prue says:

man, Mark must have had the scruffy filter on all day. i look like 5 miles of bad road.

LOL!

there is BTS video (mark was shooting with my 7D)…i have to edit it down at some point.

yay!

• Colleen W. says:

Just a suggestion: Perhaps there can be a way (for those of us fans of Lime crime that don’t live in NY) to submit nice/artistic photos from our own shoots wearing Lime Crime and have it featured somewhere on the site (it’s more interesting than an ordinary customer gallery and you have so many artistic fans!)

Kelly Reply:

Hope she responds to this, that’s a really awesome idea.

I’ll have to find a way!

kaiya Reply:

yay, that’s a great idea :)

• StephDoll says:

How awesome Doe! So, i went to down to Nordstrom and got myself some lime crime lipsticks and i absolutely love them! i want all of them now haha. The lady at the register told me u were there a couple weeks ago and she said u were very sweet :) Ohhh Doe give me an opportunity to model for Lime Crime, it would be a dream com true, not only that but, i love the the lipsticks and for what lime crime stands for. Please, take me into consideration darling. You can check out my profile at model mayhem, Browse me by Psycho Doll. Thanx!

• Rosie says:

You are so lucky to work with such amazing people! I can’t wait to see some of the pictures from the shoot, I’m sure they will be stunning.

• Miss Kitty says:

can’t wait to see the results here!!
    also, i’d be as happy as kristin is if i had a swingle too.

• Siouxsie says:

I love steve and kristen! And you of course! miss you hope we get to shoot again really soon! :)

• kaiya says:

sounds like you had an amazing day, really fun :~D

just wondering, is there an age limit for the modeling for lime crime??

• Phoebe says:

I would love to model for Lime Crime but I live in the UK! *sobs* And I’m probably too young, but ah, well. A girl can always dream. :)

x

• Shinobu says:

Aww! I would love to model for you!
    But I’m France is a bit too far from you and I’m certainly not cute enough x)
    Anyway, I love the way you were dressed and your model looks amazing!

• H-SAMA says:

hello, again can’t wait to see it.
    LOOOOOOVe the models hair!
    i liked your last post about blue and lilac lipstick that i post my lovely comments about them in portuguese at my blog,
    hope you don’t mind.

kisses from brazil!

• H-SAMA says:

what’s a swingle?

• lara says:

I live in red hook and it is one of the most photogenic neighborhoods in all of nyc, partly cuz being on the water allows light to come thru at a full day’s worth of angles, not just when it can sneak thru a pinhole in the tall bldgs. also, the industrial wear and tear gives all the surfaces a deep texture. I myself am partial to the port cranes, which in the sunset look like benevolent robot guardians. who in their free time like to lift big metal boxes off of ships.