My Favorite Shoe Closets!

Category Inspiration

A woman can’t have too many shoes; just inadequate storage. I’m organizing my shoe closet this week and wanted to share some shoe-spiration!

I love them all:

Boudoir-style,

color-coded,

dark and moody,

no-frills & practical,

boxed or messy a-la Marie Antoinette,

DIY’ed,

not shoe closets at all,

vast,

hot pink (!),

sweet & charming…

Deerlings: What does your dream shoe closet look like? Mine would be built into a wall, with heavy curtains shielding it from sunlight, and painted dark pink or crimson red…

“My Favorite Shoe Closets!”

• draydrax says:

wowza! that’s a lot of shoes! i just got a closet organizer for my shoes. fits 10 but i have three empty slots. i figured that means i need to get three more pairs of shoes! no place for my boots, though.

• Mary says:

Ah, these are killing me. I so need a shoe closet, preferably Xtina’s, lol.

• Shae says:

I just keep staring at Christina’s collection! To have that kind of space…

If anyone was wondering, the pink room with the black chandeliers on the wall belongs to Miley Cyrus.

• Anja says:

Beautiful. I keep my favourite pairs of shoes on the mantelpiece, because they are truly works of art to be displayed, not hidden away in closets!
    I guess my dream closet is just a house with many fireplaces…

• Natasha says:

Since all my shoes are black, mine would currently be a combination of dark and moody boxed a-la Antoinette. I am going to be cleaning out and replacing my wardrobe as I find and can afford more pieces that I like, so I’m really excited to redo my room!

• Alex says:

Oo la la! Mine would be a bookcase (preferably slightly ornate) mounted on to a wall: the inside of the shelves would be painted cherry blossom pink and the outside of the case would be turquoise. My shoes would be arranged in spectrum order, reds in the top left and purples in the bottom right! Black, white and metallic shoes would ‘bookend’ the colourful ones.

All I need is a bigger apartment to fit it in! One day…

• Sabine says:

Mine would be a huge bookcase, painted jet black and red inside the shelves. Then I would have some ornament black curtains to protect my shoes from sunlight.

Now i just need the shoes and a bigger apartment :p

• Petunia says:

i have all of mine lined up on the floor of my closet! i have for the last few years kept all of my shoes in their boxes, to keep dust off and keep them looking nice, so the boxes are stacked so the label is visible and organized according to style and how often they get worn. the others, from when i was younger and threw away the boxes, are lined up in rows according to season, color, and style on the floor of the closet. i am running out of room though so i will need to rethink my orginization strategy ;)

• Kaiya says:

Oh wow, they all look amazing!

My dream shoe closet (if I had more than 5 pairs of shoes.. okay I have a few more than five..) would be very lolita-esque. It would have baby pink and cream candy-striped walls, and all my shoes would be in one of those swirly shabby chic french style wardrobes, and next to the wardrobe would be a mirror of the same style, and to enter you would walk through a pair of baby blue frilly curtains.. and there would be fairy lights! :3 And I would have teddys inside the wardrobe too.. and lots of glitter.

RachelC Reply:

Ha ha LOVE! :)

• poppy says:

love all the shoes in the boxed one!

• Carrie says:

I like how the color-coded one has glass doors so you can see all the shoes, but they wouldn’t get dusty. Really, I’d just like a closet big enough I can see all of my shoes and accessories at once. My current one is organized, but super-crammed. But my dream closet might be Hollywood Regency style with a zebra rug and chandelier and a vanity with a mirror circled by globe lights. I can dream, can’t I?

• AMY! says:

i like to keep my shoes in their boxes, this way no little creatures can crawl into the shoes, they also won’t get dusty this way… so now i’m stuck w/ over eighty boxes stacked upon one another… what can i do!? please give us pictures once you’re done with your project!!!

• Kat says:

DIY’ed is brilliant: a space saver and decorative! But only works on shoes with heels. :(

• I love that I just bought another little ad space on your blog w/ my favorite shoe pic from the shop and you blogged about shoes! XOXO Have a superb weekend, Deerey!

What can I say, shoes are always on my mind! ;)

• Natalie says:

Its walk-in, with a large open space. There are shelves covering all of the walls except for a break in the center back, where there is a full-length mirror on a hinge that acts as a door into the next “chamber” (my clothes closet!).
    In the center of the room, there is a plush sitting chair with a boot pull next to it. The shelves are color-coded, and entirely filled with shoes that stand on top of their original boxes, label facing outward with the brand name (if applicable) clearly displayed. They are arranged in accordance to the color spectrum, and shelved based on heel-length with boots lining the bottom of the shelves, given more spacing before the next shelf, and flats being on the very top.

• Mary A. says:

My dream shoe closet would look something like a theater with gold moulding and a large red velvet curtain with golden tassles! Oh and stage lights would be the perfect touch!!!

• oh, I love this post, so inspiring! ♥

• Becca Rainbow says:

my shoe closet would be the Solestruck warehouse, all size 38.5 :D

• Kristi says:

Wow, I wish my feet fit that many shoes. Shoe shopping turns me off because my feet are so irregular that its hard for me to find shoes that fit. Plus I have weak ankles and value my health over fashion I guess. I know some women value fashion over health and wear heals even if they have weak ankles. I only have enough pairs for specific occasions. Sneakers for the gym, soft cotton shoes for regular wear, heals for special occasions, classic black flats, classic black knee high boots (that barely fit me) and flip flops.

• Jodiieee says:

are you making eyeliners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?if so i cant waitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ana says:

I love Miley Cyrus’ shoe closet (hot pink one) :D

• Sexy Sadie says:

The Budoir style.
    And I loved her skirt.

• Daniel says:

The boxed idea is good for a quick and easy selection, but the down side is that there’s only room for 16 pairs. P.S I like the little video you did! You have a nice accent :-)

• RachelC says:

LOVE the color coded and the messy Marie Antoinette. :) Right now I just need a closet with enough space for all my shoes, period. I’ll think of decorations later. ;)

• lauren f says:

the one with all the platforms is simple and perfect.

• trouble says:

She have many shoes. I like pink shoes more than other shoes.

• Blovetbeauty says:

I love the last one the most- so sweet and totally charming.

• Ellee Marissa says:

Mine would be a separate room altogether! With a big window straight ahead, and the shoes would be in built-in-bookshelf style cubbies… oh, and the whole room would be white with dark wood floors…<3

• Kelsey K says:

My dream shoe closet would be a soft pastel color room with built in shelfs. I’d love a hard wood floor in a dark mahogny color. I’d also love a pretty light fixture, vintage chair, and a floor lenght mirror.

• Lazyfish says:

Awwww love the color coded one!!! I so wish i had more room for my shoes…well,to be able to buy more,actually ;)

• Lucia says:

This blog is losing interest. You no longer post the stuff that made it interesting: YOU. Your photoshoots, your outfits of the day, your little tips and tricks, your make up tutorials – idk, your house?

now reading this blog just makes me feel like I’m reading teen vogue – there’s nothing personal here anymore.

you are a very beautiful woman with an amazing personality – use it to make this place interesting again!

Kristi Reply:

agreed…

Jane Reply:

Pretty much what I was coming here to say too. It’s not even teen vogue levels at the moment – at least that has it’s relavency. I’ve been reading this blog for a couple of years now. Not only is it growing uninteresting, it’s also growing less relavent for I would think many of the women reading this blog. Instead of spending 10-15 minutes reading your blog, checking out pictures, watching tutorial vids, and clicking through links or whatever you’ve posted, I find myself spending about 30 seconds on your website (at least with this post, and other recent ones like it). Which can’t be good in the long term for you or your advertisers.

I feel like, with your launch of the new LC line, I would have been really interested to see some tutes or editorials with these colours used and some eyeshadow or lip tutes, it’s kind of sad and probably doing yourself a disservice to not have the hype around this line as you have with past launches and lines.

Kristi Reply:

Yeahh. I came back to say, have you noticed on her facebook photos she’s not wearing much makeup out at all?

It’s like for someone who is so interested in beauty and makeup you’d think she’d make sure that she looked good whenever she went out. I know we have our ‘off days’ but it seems like she’s been having many ‘off days’.

With the lip stick launch, I was hoping she’d do tutorials or something with her very own lipsticks, though in most of the photos she’s posted of tutorials she’s done, she wears a pink or red lipstick, what’s the point of supporting colors and getting color back into the market if you don’t go out of your way and wear them yourself?

• Wow…beautiful shoe organization. I wish I had a room big enough so I could do something with mine. Unfortunately, I dont own that many!

• When I am rich I will have a shoe closet and fill it with delightfully tacky stripper shoes :)

• Winter! says:

OMG, could I get a doctor in here? I just died with Christina’s shoe closet…
    I tend to have all my shes in their original boxes, so I have a pile of colorful boxes in my closet. I’m thinking I should get a better organizing system, but I’m currently waiting for a bookcase to arrive, so I can put my books and university stuff in, and THEN! Then I’ll make magic happen in that part of my closet… I’m thinking courtains, in many colors!

• Gabriella says:

Wow, those are some awesome shoe closets! I love Christina Aguilera’s the most, my dream closet would probably look something like that but with more pink and sparkles…and maybe some pretty sparkly huge chandeliers. :)

♥ Check out my blog: Principessa Gabriella